The Canadian Province of Québec.
Quebec (/k(w)ɪˈbɛk/ (About this sound listen); French: Québec [kebɛk]is one of the thirteen provinces and territories of Canada. It is bordered to the west by the province of Ontario and the bodies of water James Bay and Hudson Bay; to the north by Hudson Strait and Ungava Bay; to the east by the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and the province of Newfoundland and Labrador; and to the south by the province New Brunswick and the U.S. states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and New York. It also shares maritime borders with Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia. Quebec is Canada's largest province by area and its second-largest administrative division; only the territory of Nunavut is larger. It is historically and politically considered to be part of Central Canada (with Ontario). (Source: Wikipedia). The current Premier of Quebec is François Legault.
- Inception: 1867
- *Population: 8,164,361
- *Area: 1,356,547 km²
- *Density: 6.018/km²
- **Official Languages Spoken: English 8.9%, French 79.1%
- **Aboriginal Languages [Top 5]: Cree 0.2%, Inuktitut 0.1%, Montagnais (Innu) < 0.1%, Atikamekw < 0.1%, Algonquin < 0.1%
- **Non-Official/ Immigrant Languages [Top 5]: Arabic 2.5%, Spanish 1.9%, Italian 1.4%, Creole 0.8%, Mandarin 0.6%
- ***Employment / Unemployment Rate: 60.9% / 5.6%
- Official Website: Québec.ca
- Individual Federal Income Tax Rates - 2018 15% on the first $46,605 of taxable income, + 20.5% on the next $46,603 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 46,605 up to $93,208), + 26% on the next $51,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $93,208 up to $144,489), + 29% on the next $61,353 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 144,489 up to $205,842), + 33% of taxable income over $205,842.
- Québec Individual Income Tax Rates - 2018 15% on the first $43,790 of taxable income, + 20% More than $43,790, but not more than $87,575 + 24% More than $87,575, but not more than $106,555 25.75% More than $106,555
- Québec Sales Tax Rates - 2018 GST/HST 5%, QST 9.975% (for more tax info visit Revenue Quebec )
- Cost of Living:Immigration Quebec - Finding Out About The Cost Of Living Cost Of Living Quebec City Cost Of Living In Montreal Bank Of Canada Inflation Calculator
- Health: Health
- RAMQ:Régie de Assurance Maladie Québec
The Quebec education system comprises four educational levels: elementary education (including preschool education), secondary school education (including general education and vocational training), college education (including pre-university and technical programs) and university education. (source: Éducation Internationale)
- PEI Education website for more information)
- Justice System: Justice Québec Barreau du Québec