The Canadian Province of Ontario.
Ontario (/ɒnˈtɛərioʊ/; French: [ɔ̃taʁjo]) is one of the 13 provinces and territories of Canada and is located in east-central Canada. It is Canada's most populous province accounting for 38.3 percent of the country's population, and is the second-largest province in total area the largest being Québec. Ontario is fourth-largest in total area when the territories of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut are included. It is home to the nation's capital city, Ottawa, and the nation's most populous city, Toronto,which is also Ontario's provincial capital. (Source: Wikipedia). The current Premier of Ontario is Doug Ford.
- Inception: 1867
- *Population: 13,448,494
- *Area: 1,877,788 km²
- *Density: 14.80/km²
- **Official Languages Spoken: English 69.5%, French 4.3%
- **Aboriginal Languages [Top 5]: Ojibway <0.1%, Oji-Cree < 0.1%, Cree < 0.1%, Mohawk < 0.1%, Inuktitut, < 0.1%
- **Non-Official/ Immigrant Languages [Top 5]: Mandarin 2.2%, Cantonese 2.2%, Italian 1.9%, Punjabi (Panjabi) 1.6%, Spanish < 1.5%
- ***Employment / Unemployment Rate: 60.6% / 5.7%
- Official Website: Government of Ontario
- Individual Federal Income Tax Rates - 2018 15% on the first $46,605 of taxable income, + 20.5% on the next $46,603 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 46,605 up to $93,208), + 26% on the next $51,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $93,208 up to $144,489), + 29% on the next $61,353 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 144,489 up to $205,842), + 33% of taxable income over $205,842.
- Ontario Individual Income Tax Rates - 2018 5.05% on the first $42,960 of taxable income, + 9.15% on the next $42,963, + 11.16% on the next $64,077, + 12.16% on the next $70,000, + 13.16 % on the amount over $220,000
- Ontario Sales Tax Rates - 2018 GST/HST 13%, PST n/a (for more tax info visit Ontario Tax and Charges )
- Cost of Living: Cost Of Living Ottawa Cost Of Living Toronto Ontario Cost of Living In Ontario Bank Of Canada Inflation Calculator
- Health: Ontario Ministry Of Health And Long-Term Care
- Education: K-12 (Click on the link to visit the Ontario Ministry Of Education website for more information)
- Justice System: Ontario Court Of Justice Ministry of the Attorney General Ontario Law Society