The Nunavut Territory.
Nunavut (/nuːnəˌvuːt/; French: [nynavy(t)]; Inuktitut syllabics ᓄᓇᕗᑦ [ˈnunavut]) is the newest, largest, and northernmost territory (the other territories being the Yukon and Northwest) of Canada. It was separated officially from the Northwest Territories on April 1, 1999, via the Nunavut Act and the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement Act, though the boundaries had been contemplatively drawn in 1993. The creation of Nunavut resulted in the first major change to Canada's political map since the incorporation of the province of Newfoundland in 1949. (Source: Wikipedia). The current Premier of Nunavut is Joe Savikataaq.
- Inception: 1999
- *Population: 35,944
- *Area: 1,877,788 km²
- *Density: 0.01914/km²
- **Official Languages Spoken: English 32.9%, French 1.8%
- **Aboriginal Languages [Top 5]: Inuktit 63.5%, Inuinnaqtun (Inuvialuktun) < 1.6%, Inuit Languages < 0.1%, Mi'kmaq < 0.1%, Cree, < 0.1%
- **Non-Official/ Immigrant Languages [Top 5]: Tagalog (Pilipino/Filipino) 0.4%, Spanish 0.1%, Arabic 0.1%, German < 0.1%, Bengali < 0.1%
- ***Employment / Unemployment Rate: 53.8% / 14.8%
- Official Website: Government of Nunavut
- Individual Federal Income Tax Rates - 2018 15% on the first $46,605 of taxable income, + 20.5% on the next $46,603 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 46,605 up to $93,208), + 26% on the next $51,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $93,208 up to $144,489), + 29% on the next $61,353 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 144,489 up to $205,842), + 33% of taxable income over $205,842.
- Nunavut Individual Income Tax Rates - 2018 4% on the first $44,437 of taxable income, + 7% on the next $44,437, + 9% on the next $55,614, + 11.5% on the amount over $144,488 +
- Nunavut Sales Tax Rates - 2018 GST/HST 5%, PST n/a (for more tax info visit Nunavut Taxation )
- Cost of Living: Nunavut Cost of Living Addressing The Cost Of Living In Nunavut (PDF Document) Canadian Relocation Iqaluit, Nunavut Bank Of Canada Inflation Calculator
- Health: Nunavut Department of Health
- Education: K-12 (Click on the link to visit the Department of Education - Curriculum & Learning Resources website for more information)
- Justice System: Nunavut Courts Nunavut Deparment of Justice Law Society of Nunavut