The Canadian province of Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia (/ˌnoʊvə ˈskoʊʃə/; Latin for "New Scotland"; French: Nouvelle-Écosse; Scottish Gaelic: Alba Nuadh) is one of Canada's three maritime provinces ( the other two being Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick, and one of the four provinces that form Atlantic Canada (which are the three aforementioned provinces with the inclusion of Newfoundland and Labrador. Its provincial capital is Halifax. Nova Scotia is the second-smallest of Canada's ten provinces, with an area of 55,284 square kilometres (21,300 sq mi), including Cape Breton and another 3,800 coastal islands. As of 2016, the population was 923,598. Nova Scotia is Canada's second-most-densely populated province, with 17.4 inhabitants per square kilometre (45/sq mi) after Prince Edward Island which is also Canada's smallest province (Source: Wikipedia). The current Premier of Nova Scotia is Stephen McNeil.
- Inception: 1713
- *Population: 923,598
- *Area: 52,939 km²
- *Density: 17.45/km²
- **Official Languages Spoken: English 91.9%, French 3.7%
- **Aboriginal Languages [Top 5]: Mi'kmaq 0.5%, Inuktitut < 0.1%, Ojibway < 0.1%, Malecite < 0.1%, Inuit Languages, < 0.1%
- **Non-Official/ Immigrant Languages [Top 5]: Arabic 0.9%, Mandarin 0.5%, German 0.4%, Tagalog (Pilipino/Filipino) 0.3%, Spanish 0.2%
- ***Employment / Unemployment Rate: 56.8% / 8.4%
- Official Website: Nova Scotia Canada
- Individual Federal Income Tax Rates - 2018 15% on the first $46,605 of taxable income, + 20.5% on the next $46,603 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 46,605 up to $93,208), + 26% on the next $51,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $93,208 up to $144,489), + 29% on the next $61,353 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 144,489 up to $205,842), + 33% of taxable income over $205,842.
- Nova Scotia Individual Income Tax Rates - 2018 8.79% on the first $29,590 of taxable income, + 14.95% on the next $29,590, + 16.52% on the next $52,159, + 17.84% on the next $18,872, + 20.3% on the amount over $154,382
- Nova Scotia Sales Tax Rates - 2018 GST/HST 15%, PST n/a (for more tax info visit Nova Scotia Taxation )
- Quality Of Life In Nova Scotia Cost of Living In Nova Scotia Halifax Partnership Cost of Living Cost of Living: Cost Of Living In Halifax Bank Of Canada Inflation Calculator
- Health: Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Education: K-12 (Click on the link to visit the Education and Eary Childhood Development website for more information)
- Nova Scotia Justice System: Nova Scotia Department of Justice
- Nova Scotia Laws: Nova Scotia Legislature