The Canadian province of British Columbia.
British Columbia (B.C.) is the westernmost province of Canada, located between the Pacific Ocean and the Rocky Mountains. With an estimated population of 4.8 million as of 2018, it is Canada's third-most populous province the other two being Ontario and Quebec. It's area has been calculated at 922,503 km² square kilometers as of the 2016 Canadian Census. The Premier of British Columbia is John Horgan.
- Inception: 1871
- *Population: 4,648,055
- *Area: 922,503.01 km²
- *Density: 5.0/km²
- **Official Languages Spoken: English 71.1%, French 1.6%,
- **Aboriginal Languages (Top 5): Carrier <0.1% , Gitxsan (Gitksan) < 0.1%, Cree, n.o.s. < 0.1%, Chilcotin < 0.1%, Shuswap (Secwepemctsin) < 0.1%
- **Non-Official/ Immigrant Languages (Top 5): Punjabi (Panjabi) 4.7%, Cantonese 4.4%, Mandarin 4.2%, Tagalog (Pilipino, Filipino) 2.0%, German 1.5%
- ***Employment / Unemployment Rate: 62% / 4.8%
- Official Website: Government Of British Columbia
- Individual Federal Income Tax Rates - 2018 15% on the first $46,605 of taxable income, + 20.5% on the next $46,603 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 46,605 up to $93,208), + 26% on the next $51,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $93,208 up to $144,489), + 29% on the next $61,353 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 144,489 up to $205,842), + 33% of taxable income over $205,842.
- British Columbia Individual Income Tax Rates - 2018 5.06% on the first $39,676 of taxable income 7.7% on the next $39,677, 10.5% on the next $11,754 12.29% on the next $19,523, 14.7% on the next $39,370, 16.8% on the amount over $150,000
- British Columbia Sales Tax Rates - 2018 GST/HST 5%, PST 7.5% (for more tax info visit BC Sales Taxes )
- Cost of Living: Welcome to BC, Choose B.C. B.C. Cost of Living Calculator Bank Of Canada Inflation Calculator
- Healthcare: British Columbia Ministry of Health WelcomeBC Get Health Care BC Provincial Health Services Authority
- Education: K-12 (Click on the link to visit the www2.gov.bc.ca website for more information)
- Justice System: British Columbia Law, Crime & Justice BClaws.ca Law Society of British Columbia
The Following Links Open In A New Window
Population Data: 2016 Census Language Data: Statcan Mother Tongue Responses For British Columbia Employment/Unemployment Rate Data:Statcan British Columbia Labour Force Characteristics