The Canadian province of Alberta.
Alberta is a western province of Canada. With an estimated population of 4 million as of the 2016 census, it is Canada's fourth most populous province and the most populous of Canada's three prairie provinces (source: Wikipedia) the other two being Saskatchewan and Manitoba. It's area has been calculated at 640,082 square kilometers as of the 2016 Canadian Census. The current Premier of Alberta is Rachel Ann Notely.
- Inception: 1905
- *Population: 4,067,175
- *Area: 640,082 km²
- *Density: 6.354/km²
- **Official Languages Spoken: English 76.5%, French 2.2%,
- **Aboriginal Languages [Top 5]: Cree 0.4%, Blackfoot < 0.1%, Stoney < 0.1%, Dene < 0.1%, Woods Cree < 0.1%
- **Non-Official/ Immigrant Languages [Top 5]: Tagalog 2.9%, German 2.1%, Punjabi (Panjabi) 1.8%, Cantonese 1.6%, Spanish 1.5%
- ***Employment / Unemployment Rate: 67.3% / 6.7%
- Official Website: Government Of Alberta
- Individual Federal Income Tax Rates - 2018 15% on the first $46,605 of taxable income, + 20.5% on the next $46,603 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 46,605 up to $93,208), + 26% on the next $51,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $93,208 up to $144,489), + 29% on the next $61,353 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over 144,489 up to $205,842), + 33% of taxable income over $205,842.
- Alberta Individual Income Tax Rates - 2018 10% on the first $128,145 of taxable income, + 12% on the next $25,628, + 13% on the next $51,258, + 14% on the next $102,516, + 15% on the amount over $307,547
- Alberta Sales Tax Rates - 2018 GST/HST 5%, PST n/a (for more tax info visit Alberta Taxes )
- Cost of Living: Alberta Cost of Living Alberta Cost of Living Comparison Calculator Bank Of Canada Inflation Calculator
- Health: Alberta Health Services (Official Site) Alberta Health Website My.Health.Alberta.ca health network
- Education: K-12 (Click on the link to visit the albertacanada.com website for more information)
- Justice System: Alberta Justice and Solicitor General Law Central Alberta Alberta Laws Online Law Society of Alberta *Information is based on 2016 census data **Language data is based on the percentage of total population taken from 2016 census data ***Employment/Unemployment data is current as of August 2018